Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Sunday, December 20, 2009
- Ran 9 miles!!! I'm so proud of myself, Nick, and Misty!!! Also, I'm so impressed that my friend, Christie, ran her first half marathon in 2:12!!! She kicks ass...actually we all do...it's seriously becoming a running "cult" ;)
- Ate at my FAVORITE restaurant (with Nick) ...if any of you know me that would be LA PAZ!!!! We ate an entire bowl of cheese dip...seriously, if you haven't had it...you need to try it...AMAZING!!!
- Came home and lounged around
- Wrapped some presents (could possibly be the fastest gift wrapper...SERIOUSLY)
- Took Cody for walk
- Lounged around some more
- Finally got around to taking shower
- Watched Keeping up with Kardashians (I hate to watch that show...but I can't help myself) in robe and heating pad
- Nick cooked amazing steaks for dinner
- I made him watch Enchanted with me (VERY CORNY BUT CUTE!)
- Went to Blockbuster to rent Public Enemies in Bed
I am really getting excited about the Mercedes Marathon!!!
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
We had fun shopping out in the outlet! Just a quick trip to ATL and back!
We are still under $2,000 and our goal is $5,000!!! We need y'alls help! This is a picture that I took of Amanda (Isabelle's mom) and Isabelle at The Bell Center's holiday party! Remember this place is totally NON-PROFIT and needs OUR help because everyday, children like Isabelle get turned away because of there lack of money!!! Please help Nick and myself sponsor Isabelle by visiting:
This is my good friend Casey, running for Emma Grace! How cute is she!!! Casey started running "couch to 5K" and look how far she has gotten! I run with her and she is doing awesome!!!
After my five mile run this morning, I took Cody on a walk and threw the ball in the neighborhood park...he got seriously muddy and I had to carry him into the house and give him a bath! Now he's such a fluffy thing!
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Sunday, November 29, 2009
I had to take this picture of Cody hanging out of Nick's backseat of his '67 Mustang...it's classic Cody!!!
After Round 2 of meals, we hung out with the family for a bit...run home to take nap...then meat them and see The Blind Side. IT WAS AMAZING!!! I'm telling anyone who wants to see a truly happy story...GO SEE IT! I had no idea what to expect, and I thought we were just watching a football movie...but it is SO MUCH MORE!
Friday- we all woke up bright and early to take Cody to my parents house...run to PetSmart to get him food and stocking stuffers...then meet the Miles' family at 7:30! Auburn played their heart out, and it was definately a great game!!! We came back home that night.
Yesterday, I went to work...then went back to the Miles' household to celebrate his sister's 23rd Birthday!!! Came home...slept...dreaded to wake up and run 7 miles in morning...
Sunday-woke up and met Misty and Christie for our run...can I just say that I am a little exhausted!!!
Sunday, November 22, 2009
I am really beginning to love my rest days again! We ran 7.2 miles yesterday morning! It was an awesome run! I tried to keep up with Misty and Christie...but wow am I tired! After work yesterday, I went to my sister's to eat dinner with them and my two nephews!!! I had soooo much fun seeing Parker and Charlie...I picked up Charlie last night and said "Oh my gosh" and he says "Oh my gosh!!!" It was the funniest thing I heard...and of course we left something Cody's bowl...so that just means that I got EXTRA time to play with them again this morning. This is one of the pictures that I took:
After that, Cody and I went on a walk...he is getting sooooo big! Whenever there is humidity, he ears crimp up like we used an '80s crimper!!!
Friday, November 20, 2009
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Today was a jammed pack day for my off day! Cody and I started by going to the bank (one of his favorite things). This morning I got ready and went to meet Isabelle and Amanda at Homewood Park today...we strolled around with Isabelle telling "Co-deee come here!"...After that, we all strolled and got some food, then I got a rigged up iPhone and went to the Junior League Market! I got tons of X-mas presents for the family!!! After that, Nick and I met up with Danny (our coach) to do our group run! It was only four miles, but there was a BIG hill at the end! Can't wait for my walk with Rebecca and Raughley tomorrow! Nick and I are watching the new Star Trek (yay!!!) right now with iced up knees!
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
I stole this from Isabelle's blog...its just too cute! Nick and I ran tonight and it is starting to get chilly!!! We ran our three and have our group run tomorrow night, but I'm telling you...I am ready for my rest day! Tomorrow I have a big day...meet Isabelle and Amanda with Cody at park, go to The Market, see my sis and nephews, group run, etc...this daylight savings is killing me! I hate it getting dark so early!
I meant to add this onto my blog this past weekend, but I am having some iPhone technical problems...like, it did not help that I dropped it in a cosmopolitan and it's been in repair since Halloween weekend. Well, I did have my prescious iPhone for a total of ONE day last week...and I was able to snap a couple pics of Michelle's baby, Gates! I mean how cute is he!!! By the way, he is the best baby. He is welcome to stay at my house anytime :)
As for running, I was too lazy to get up this morning, but Nick and I have 3 miles to run after work. 3 miles actually doesn't sound bad after doing 5 and 6. I can't believe we are jumping up to 7 on Saturday!!! I am so honored to say that we have already received $639.30 on our fundraising website (w/in the past 12 hours!) I have even made it easier for all of you, and you can just click to the right and donate right on my blog! I know baby Gates will be cheering us on all the way from ATL!!!
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
I look forward to keeping you updated...on a side note...as I am still a relatively new wife and I just had to show you a picture of my very first homemade chicken potpie picture...it came out wonderful...very easy recipe if you are interested, let me know!
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Wow...I couldn't have wished for a better weekend for my vacation days! It was beautiful weather, had Michelle, baby Gates, and Chrissy come in town!!! Friday night, let's just say we all (plus Whit) went and ate A LOT of cheese dip...but who can really resist cheese dip from La Paz??? Yesterday was our first group run!!! Chrissy even got up and decided to hit the roads of B'ham with Nick and myself...wow, was I EXCITED to see Nick finish 6 miles!!! This was his VERY FIRST time to run SIX MILES!!!! It was a fulfilled day, with having celebratory drinks at On Tap with the group, and then went to Momma G's to get some sandwiches and ENJOY A SATURDAY OFF!!!! I'm not going to lie, I was exhausted all day yesterday so I was just lazy for the rest of the afternoon and evening. This morning, when I woke up...I told Nick we had to go to The Original Pancake House for breakfast. I'm not going to lie, this was probably my first Sunday off...I can't even remember when the last time was! Anyway, we had a busy day ahead of us. Today was going to be our first day to meet Isabelle with her mom and grandmom!!! In case you missed it, Nick and I are running in honor of Isabelle for The Bell Center in the Mercedes Marathon on Valentine's Day. I will keep you posted once I get our website up and going to learn more!!! I bought a couple of Elmo books yesterday, because I did know that Elmo is one of her favorites!!! Isabelle is 2 years old with Larsen's Syndrome. She is wearing a halo around her head (we're hoping to get it off next month). She had such an amazing spirit and was all about seeing what Cody was up to! Cody loved giving Isabelle lots of kisses! We can't wait to raise money for The Bell Center...just look at her...how can you resist her precious face!!!
Friday, November 13, 2009
I have had this amazing friend, Rebecca...FOREVER! We used to run and walk all throughout highschool...times never changed with us...this is her adorable son, Raughley, trying to get out of the stroller to play with Cody! It's so nice to actually get to take a WALK every once in a while with all of the training! I feel like we are back in jr. high again everytime we get together!
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
This is how the Mercedes Marathon started...it is an amazing story!
A Marathon of Love
It’s really a love story. The Mercedes Marathon, a test of endurance and determination, a goal that drives ordinary people to train for months, is really just a love story.A Marathon For Love
It’s a love story between a boy named Matt and his daddy named Paul.
Matt was born with Down syndrome thirteen years ago. But not only did he have Down syndrome, he also had the heart defect that often accompanies the diagnosis. A sick little boy, Matt required open heart surgery, and the whole idea frightened his parents, Paul and Cinna Sotherland.
Cinna vividly remembers being at UAB with Matt and Paul just before Matt was to have his open heart surgery. The family was standing at one of the big windows at the end of the hallway that looked out over the streets of downtown. Runners, competing in the Vulcan Marathon, were racing by, and Paul – who ran a little, just for exercise – looked down at his tiny son and made one promise. “You pull through this, Matt, and next year, Daddy will run a marathon for you,” Paul pledged.
Tough little Matt kept his end of the bargain, and Daddy began training. Together they tackled the challenges ahead: Matt’s challenges that come as a part of the Down syndrome diagnosis, and Paul’s determination to run 26.2 miles in honor of the son he so loves. During his training, Paul looked for guidance and motivation, and even good running shoes, from Valerie McLean, the owner of a Homewood running equipment shop. Paul did run the Vulcan Marathon the next year, and then kept on running, completing nineteen marathons and half marathons too numerous to count. But it was really Valerie who took the inspiration from Paul and Matt.
She helped organize a half-marathon to benefit The Early Intervention Program (now The Bell Center), the place where Cinna and Paul brought Matt to receive critical therapies, and over the next five years, the Freeze Your Half Off Half Marathon grew into a first-class event. Valerie knew it was time to take the event to a greater level, and in 2002 transformed the Freeze Your Half Off into the Mercedes Marathon and Half Marathon. Proceeds from the event are given annually to just two charities that provide services to children, one of which is The Bell Center for Early Intervention Programs.
In 2003, The Bell Center organized its first Partners in Training (PIT) group which provided experienced coaching for runners and walkers who agreed to raise funds for The Bell Center. In its first year, PIT included 45 runners and walkers who raised more than $80,000 for The Bell Center. In 2004 and then again in 2005, more than 120 participants raised more than $200,000 for the Center, important funding which has allowed the program to add more staff to serve more children who come to the Center in need of critical early intervention therapies.
All of that is important, but it really is just a love story. Just watch. Each year, Paul runs – for Matt – and each year, they’re together at the finish line.
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Friday, November 6, 2009
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Of course I had a VERY eventful day...woke up and ran 5.5 miles at 5:30, but y'all don't understand...I AM NOT A MORNING PERSON. It was actually soooo much fun! I ran into at least six people that I knew. Nick and I have decided to run the Mercedes Half Marathon!!! I can't believe it will be my second one to run! Just last week, I was cursing at myself for quitting running because it was like I had to start FROM SCRATCH!!! My secret confession is also that I was bought (THREE Designer Jeans that are two sizes too small last winter)...so I have major motivation. I knew I had to take the chance if Nick was even considering doing a half. I am so excited to finally get a little motivation back...that is until I started to feel like crap last night. I already got ourselves two z-packs. I can't afford to go back to work sick and knock me out of my routine.
I had to also post some adorable picks of my two nephews, the Bumble Bee and Pumpkin:
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Monday, October 26, 2009
for giving me my first award! I have had a blast learning about blogs and blogging my crazy life, it's just such an honor to know that people look at my blog!
Thank you again Short Southern Momma!!!
- NICK HAS STARTED HIS NEW JOB...AND IS ALREADY DOING A GREAT JOB!
- Cody is growing by the second
- Had a BIG FAMILY b'day party for little bro at PF Changs...if you were there you would have seen the 2 foot deep amount of food that Charlie had under him!
- Cody's "tumble weeds" drive me crazy and I am always cleaning floor
- Work has been slow, but I do have closings coming up
- Cleaned my house for about 8 hours last week on my day off
- Had great playdates with Mason (Brad and Candace's golden), Liberty and Yeagar- had some incredible Santa Fe soup at Yeager's mom, Jean
- Nick and I decided to do the Mercedes Half Marathon in Feb. 2010
- Started training (if you want to know about my first one this year in nashville...check out http://chrissyandellenmarathontraining.blogspot.com
- I might have died doing my first mile and set of crunches
- Ran 2.2 miles today...pretty impressed after I almost DIED running two days ago after 0.9 MILES...wow, I'm out of shape!
- Now that I have announced it in blogworld, you will hear about me talk more about some trainings and maybe even add pics of us! Go check out my old blog, it was my new years resolution to complete a half marathon.
- We have worked out for the past two days and it is fun actually getting to run with someone else...I have to admit, I want to beat him but I am so proud of him actually participating in a half marathon!
- Keep your fingers crossed, I should be getting hooked up on the internet in my new model/office TOMORROW...TOMORROW...I LOVE YOU...TOMORROW
- Tom and I might kill each other without having any internet!
- Planning one of my bestest girlfriends- CHRISSY'S shower at my house!!! Yes, I know that it isn't until Jan. 30th, but I figured we should get a head start with Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up...before we know it, it would be 2010!!!
- Got to see a lot of highschool friends (b/c I had to pick up hubby passed out on chair)...he was that guy! It was great seeing all of them!
- About to eat leftover tetrazinni (we freeze leftovers, b/c we won't eat them more than two days in a row...if lucky)
- Excited to go to Auburn and see Ole Miss (nervous...) but of course, I will use it as a social scene
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
I have to admit that my husband was soooo sweet and bought me flowers ("for being nice") and made breakfast in bed for me! I do have to remember that I am a lucky gal! I totally meant to CONGRAT my hubby for getting a new job! YAY!!! I'm so proud of him! Well I can't wait to get to go back down to Auburn for the Kentucky game! We better step it up! Has anyone else gotten to go see the new dorms? They are AMAZING! I wish I was still in EK and live there...the good ole days...living on the hall!
Friday, October 9, 2009
Tiff made every bouquet and all of the flower arrangements! Kudos to her!
This wedding was small with close friends and family, and Whitney looked absolutely beautiful!
Monday, September 28, 2009
I have not had a chance to recap everything since last week. I met with an old high school bud, Rebecca with her precious son, Raughley. Cody has never gone on a walk with a stroller, so he was just chasing it around.
I still am in shock that Michelle is a mommy! I didn't get to talk to her in person until THURSDAY! She is super hero- turns out she had NO PAINKILLERS AT ALL!!!
Whitney's wedding will be here this weekend. I've got a busy week! My hubby has been amazing organizing the garage and we have cleaned out soooooooooooo many closets. I don't know how we have already accumulated so much STUFF! All the girls will be in town so we know that this is going to be a party showdown. Realizing that I'm in the wedding, I decided TONIGHT would be a good time to start working out my arms. I'm sure they'll be Jennifer Annistonish by Saturday! I can't wait!!!
I am exhausted and about to hit the sack!
Sunday, September 27, 2009
I actually won something! This is the first for me! I love it! Thanks so much Sweet Tea Diaries!!!
Go check out her website!'
EGM from From Green to Miles - please read post below and contact me with your choice of towel color and personalization!!
I really enjoyed working with Alison on my recent giveaway, and she was so happy to have gained some new followers! Here's the e-mail she sent me:
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
After I got Char her favorite sushi (Crunch Crunch)...Misty and I surprised her with a birthday cake! It was delicious!!! Yellow Cake and chocolate icing...my hubby's fovorite!!! We had a blast singing out "Happy Birthday"with no key whatsoever...if only you knew how bad I actually sing! I meant to post this yesterday but wanted to give Charlotte a shout out...she's funny, sexy, and sassy...all rolled up in one!
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
So I guess that the ATL urban myth still holds its truth! I am so proud of Michelle and Chris! Everything happened within TWO HOURS...starting from their house! By the time she got to the hospital it was too late for her to get an epidural!!! What a champ...when I saw the picture of the three of them, I actually cried! This is one of my best friends have the first baby of the bunch. My hubby and I send them our love!!! I can't wait to me Mr. Gates!!!
Sunday, September 20, 2009
- Met Baby Emma for the first time this week
- Drove to ATL on my off days to visit Michelle for the last time before Baby Gates arrives
- Got a speeding ticket while driving like hell to make it to Auburn
- Went to Supper Club
- Drove to my sis's lake house to take shower to get ready for work
- Drove straight to work (a lot slower)
She did an incredible job on the whole room! We can't wait to Baby Gates!!!
This is a picture that I took literally with 4 minutes left to go. It was one of the most amazing games that I have ever been in!!! It was raining so hard that we were running through RIVERS!!! My hubby and I thought we were being smart by "waiting out the rain" and running from tent to tent. By the time we thought the first quarter should have started we noticed that everyone was packed in the concession and ramps like sardines! Imagine 87,451 people in that!!! It totally made the game worth it! We had so much fun. The game didn't even start until 8:00 (it was supposed to start at 6:45). After it ended, we met up with Meg and Taylor at the Raine's tailgate. After that, I got the bright idea to go to the Supper Club...remember that is never a good idea. Well I have to say that my body aches all over...I can't do it like when I was 21! What a week!
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Now the ironic thing is that I'm visiting Michelle tomorrow who is due any day with Baby Gates.
She is very crafty so I can't wait to see her nursery. Sweet September Babies!
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Sunday, September 13, 2009
This is what our Fish Taco Night looked liked tonight. I got all of these recipes from vintagevictuals.blogspot.com
- Look how cute these little goats are...they're only about 2 blocks from where I sell homes. Yes, you can get a USDA Rural Development 100% financing loan! How exciting :)
- Ready to go home and rent a movie
- Is excited to see my PREGGER friend next week...posting pics of nursury!
- Sad to missing Whit's shower b/c of work
- Pumped about reading some Eleventh Victim when I go to bed!
Saturday, September 12, 2009
- I just love the people in the South. I have to admit I think some of the prettiest and refined women come from the South. Reese Witherspoon, Courtney Cox Arquette (went to my high school), Julia Roberts, Molly Sims...the list could go on and on.
- We like a shaggier cut, we're not that into gel in men's hair
- We couldn't even finish a sentence talking without saying the word, "y'all"
- Speaking from just me...I LOVE to do plan parties and get togethers with my girlfriends, married friends, and family
- I have to always make fun on my OUTGOING husband...I tell him that we can't get off the elevator without not knowing where and what they do, live, like, see my drift. When we went to NYC for a trip before we got married...the elevator convo didn't go over so well like it would down South.
- I couldn't imagine not having Bar-b-que EVER...no matter what time of year.
- Growing up going to football games
- Always willing to help a friend no matter what inconvenience it has on you at the time.
- My mom made me pick out my silver pattern, china, and crystal when I was 18.
Friday, September 11, 2009
We shall never forget, and remember why we have brave troops overseas protecting us and risking their own lives.
my dad said: "Wake up there has been a catastrophe...we've been attacked!" I jumped to the phone and then that started my whole day of shock and disbelief that this was happening to our country. I was scared and confused.
What's crazy is that my mom had JUST left NYC days before. I just can't believe as it has been 8 years later.