Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembering September 11th...

This day will always be for all the ones who lost their lives, families, sons, daughters, mothers, fathers, nieces, nephews, aunts and uncles, cousins, and friends...we will always remember:

We shall never forget, and remember why we have brave troops overseas protecting us and risking their own lives.

I will never forget that vivid day of my freshmen year in college. My roommate and I were dead asleep and had our dorm phone ring...ring...ring.. then the answering machine finally picked up...it was a message from my dad:
my dad said: "Wake up there has been a catastrophe...we've been attacked!" I jumped to the phone and then that started my whole day of shock and disbelief that this was happening to our country. I was scared and confused.
What's crazy is that my mom had JUST left NYC days before. I just can't believe as it has been 8 years later.

We shall never forget
We shall keep this day,
We shall keep the events and the tears
In our minds, our memory and our hearts
and take them with us as we carry on.



What was your first memory of 9/11/01???
Send me your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Counter