Sunday, November 15, 2009

What a great weekend!


Wow...I couldn't have wished for a better weekend for my vacation days! It was beautiful weather, had Michelle, baby Gates, and Chrissy come in town!!! Friday night, let's just say we all (plus Whit) went and ate A LOT of cheese dip...but who can really resist cheese dip from La Paz??? Yesterday was our first group run!!! Chrissy even got up and decided to hit the roads of B'ham with Nick and myself...wow, was I EXCITED to see Nick finish 6 miles!!! This was his VERY FIRST time to run SIX MILES!!!! It was a fulfilled day, with having celebratory drinks at On Tap with the group, and then went to Momma G's to get some sandwiches and ENJOY A SATURDAY OFF!!!! I'm not going to lie, I was exhausted all day yesterday so I was just lazy for the rest of the afternoon and evening. This morning, when I woke up...I told Nick we had to go to The Original Pancake House for breakfast. I'm not going to lie, this was probably my first Sunday off...I can't even remember when the last time was! Anyway, we had a busy day ahead of us. Today was going to be our first day to meet Isabelle with her mom and grandmom!!! In case you missed it, Nick and I are running in honor of Isabelle for The Bell Center in the Mercedes Marathon on Valentine's Day. I will keep you posted once I get our website up and going to learn more!!! I bought a couple of Elmo books yesterday, because I did know that Elmo is one of her favorites!!! Isabelle is 2 years old with Larsen's Syndrome. She is wearing a halo around her head (we're hoping to get it off next month). She had such an amazing spirit and was all about seeing what Cody was up to! Cody loved giving Isabelle lots of kisses! We can't wait to raise money for The Bell Center...just look at her...how can you resist her precious face!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Counter